Why Spiders Invade Boise Homes And How To Keep Them Out
December 10, 2022
Did you know that spiders are some of the most common pests in Boise? They can be found in nearly every environment, and while most of them aren't harmful, there are a few species that can pose a threat to your family. Owyhee Environmental will discuss some of the most common spiders found in Boise, as well as some eco-friendly tips for preventing them. We will also cover the benefits of professional pest control in Boise for total spider protection in your home.
Common Types of Spiders Found In Boise
Many different kinds of spiders can be found in Boise, but some of the most common include:
- House spiders
- Wolf spiders
- Orb weaver spiders
- Cellar spiders
- Jumping spiders
- Black widow spiders
- Brown recluse spiders
While most of these Boise spiders are not dangerous, there are a few that can pose a threat to your family. Black widows and brown recluses are both venomous, and their bites can cause serious health problems. If you're unsure what type of spider you're dealing with, it's always best to contact a professional pest control company in Boise for help.
Some Spiders Are More Dangerous Than Others
As we mentioned, some spiders in our area can pose a threat to your family's health. Black widows and brown recluses are both dangerous spiders, and their bites can cause serious health problems. Symptoms of a black widow bite include nausea, muscle cramps, and difficulty breathing. Brown recluse bites can cause fever, chills, and nausea. In rare cases, bites from these spiders can even be deadly. If you suspect that you or a family member has been bitten by a venomous spider, it's important to seek medical attention immediately.
If you see one of these spiders in your home, you should avoid approaching it and instead contact a Boise spider control professional for help. Owyhee Environmental has the experience and expertise to get the job done right.
Five Eco-Friendly Spider Prevention Tips For Around Your Home
Here are some of the best ways to get rid of spiders naturally:
- Keep your home clean and clutter-free. Spiders tend to make their homes in places that are cluttered and dirty. Vacuuming regularly and decluttering your home will make it less appealing to spiders.
- Seal up cracks and gaps. Spiders can enter your home through cracks in the foundation, gaps around doors and windows, and other small openings. Sealing up these areas will help prevent spiders from getting inside.
- Remove spider webs. If you see a spider web around your home, be sure to remove it. This will discourage spiders from setting up shop in your home.
- Use natural repellents. There are many natural repellents that can keep spiders away, including mint, citrus, and vinegar.
- Eliminate their food sources. Spiders are attracted to homes that have a lot of insects. Reducing the number of insects in and around your home will help discourage spiders from moving in.
By implementing some simple home defense for spiders in Boise, you can keep these pests away. However, if you're dealing with a serious spider problem, it's best to contact a professional for help.
Professional Pest Control Is A Great Spider Control Solution
If you're looking for a more permanent spider control solution, professional pest control is your best bet. At Owyhee Environmental, we offer comprehensive residential pest control services that are designed to keep your home free of spiders and other common pests. Our treatments are environmentally friendly and backed by our satisfaction guarantee. You can be sure we'll get rid of the spiders in your house and keep them from coming back. Contact us today to get started with a free inspection, and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Boise.