What To Do About Mice In Your Boise Home
December 15, 2022
Mice can be a huge problem, invading your home and making you sick in the process. If you've been dealing with a mouse infestation, don't worry; the Boise pest control pros at Owyhee Environmental are here to help. We'll tell you everything you need to know about mice in Boise homes, including how to identify them, get rid of them, and prevent future infestations.
How To Tell If It's Mice In Your Home
There are a few tell-tale signs that you have a mouse infestation in your Boise home:
- Droppings: Mice leave behind small, black droppings wherever they go.
- Noises: Mice are nocturnal creatures, so you're likely to hear them scurrying around at night.
- Gnaw marks: Mice like to gnaw on things, and they often leave behind small tooth marks. If you see these marks on furniture, baseboards, or door frames, it's a sign that you have mice.
- Nests: Mice build nests out of soft materials like paper or insulation. Check for nests in dark, hidden places like attics or crawl spaces.
- Footprints: Take a look at any dusty surfaces in your home, like windowsills or ledges. If you see small mice footprints, it's a sign that these pests are present.
If you're seeing mice or any of their signs in your home, don't hesitate to call Owyhee Environmental. We'll send one of our experienced technicians to your home to inspect for mice and recommend the best course of action.
You Don't Have To Touch Mice For Them To Make You Sick
You may know that mice in Boise can carry harmful diseases, but did you know that you don't have to actually touch them to get sick? Mice can leave behind bacteria and viruses on surfaces like countertops, meaning you can contract a disease simply by touching these contaminated surfaces.
Mice can also spread diseases through their droppings. If you breathe in dust that's contaminated with mouse droppings, you could get sick. This is why it's so important to call Owyhee Environmental as soon as you suspect you have mice. We'll get rid of the mice in your house and clean up any contaminated areas, keeping you and your family safe from disease.
The Best Way To Get The Mice Out Of Your House For Good
The best way to get rid of mice in your Boise home is to call an experienced professional like Owyhee Environmental. The problem with do-it-yourself methods is that they're often ineffective, and they can put your family at risk. For example, many people try to use traps to catch mice, but these traps can often be dangerous. If you have small children or pets, they could easily be injured by a store-bought trap.
The best way to get rid of mice is to call Owyhee Environmental. Our experienced technicians will safely and effectively remove the mice from your home, ensuring that they don't come back with our effective rodent control services in Boise.
How To Prevent Future Mouse Infestations In Your Home
Once you've gotten rid of the mice in your home, it's important to take steps to prevent future infestations. Some simple ways to keep mice away include:
- Keeping your home clean and clutter-free: Vacuum regularly and declutter often to make your home less inviting to mice.
- Sealing up cracks and holes: Check around doors, windows, and baseboards for gaps and seal them with caulk or expanding foam.
- Storing food properly: Keep dry goods in airtight containers and clean up any crumbs or spills immediately.
Following these tips will help to prevent mice from entering in the first place. And if you do end up with mice in your home, be sure to call Owyhee Environmental right away. We offer same-day and emergency services, and we guarantee our work. Call us today for a free inspection and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Boise.