The Trick To Getting Rid Of Ants In Your Boise Home
August 3, 2022
Ants are one of the most common pests in the Boise area, and one of the most likely you are to see in your home. The Boise pest control experts at Owyhee Environmental know all about these pests, including which kinds are most common in the area, what problems they can cause, and how to get rid of them for good. Ant control in Boise is important because ants can cause tremendous damage if left uncontrolled.
The Many Types Of Ants That Can Invade Your Home
Some common ants you’re likely to encounter in your Boise home are:
- Little black ants: These small, dark ants live up to their name and are among the most frequent invaders of local homes.
- Fire ants: It is atypical for fire ants to invade homes in warm weather; they prefer warm clay earth, so the intrusion usually happens during bad weather.
- Pavement ants: Pavement ants are happiest at the edge of rock, asphalt, and cement. They seek moisture and dry heat.
- Carpenter ants: Carpenter ants are a typical houseguest for people in wooded areas.
- Pharaoh ants: Pharaoh ants are insects that have adapted with us and are usually not far from homes or people.
Ant control for your house can eliminate any of these kinds of ants and more. Once you’ve eliminated the problems you’re having inside; outdoor ant control is the next step in preventive pest control.
The Many Problems An Ant Infestation Can Create In Your Home
Ants in your home can cause significant damage if they are left to their own devices. Ants are attracted to decaying wood, live in large colonies, and are sometimes challenging to keep out of the kitchen. These pests are known to spread pathogens and make people sick. Since ants are so tiny, they can get into nearly anywhere they want, but they will travel toward food and water sources first. Massive, infesting colonies that go untreated have been reported taking up the full hollow of a wall.
What happens if you have ants in your home? Ants can cause property damage, compromised structural integrity, contaminated pantry areas, interference in electrical wiring, and ants can draw in other pests from the outside.
Ant pest control treats the ant population in your area. Since ant infestations start outside, be thoughtful when treating, or not treating, your yard for ants. If you’re not outside enjoying your yard much, you may be surprised how many ant hills and underground colonies there are, perhaps just one bad storm away from entering your home. Keeping your lawn mowed can help deter many ant colonies from becoming too much of a problem. However, some ant species, like fire ants, will burrow down deep into the earth to avoid exposure to dangers and weather changes.
The Best Way To Get Rid Of Ants In Your House
Ant control for homeowners in Boise doesn’t have to be complicated. There are plenty of preventive steps you can take to deter ants from entering your home, but once you have an ant infestation, your best bet is to call in the professionals. At Owyhee Environmental, we provide effective ant control services to keep your home ant-free, no matter what kind of ants you have.
Five Naturally Effective Ways To Prevent Future Ant Infestations
If you don’t have an active ant infestation, now is the time to use these ant control tips:
- Replace weatherstripping if it becomes compressed, torn, or worn.
- Patch torn mesh screens.
- Sanitize food prep areas.
- Secure or seal pantry items.
- Take out the garbage regularly and use cans with tight-fitting lids.
If you are looking for organic ant control for your home, Owyhee Environmental offers environmentally friendly solutions. We aren’t only the best pest control for ants; we can handle any pest problem you have, even with same-day emergency service. Call us today!