The Secret To Effective Ant Control For Boise Homes
February 15, 2022
Ant control in Boise is often necessary so homeowners can keep this pest away from their property. Effective ant control involves proper prevention tactics, including ant control in your house and ant control in your yard, and professional assistance.
The Types Of Ants To Invade Boise Homes
There are several types of ants that you may commonly see around your Boise home. It is essential to learn about each of these ant types to correctly identify a potential infestation:
- Argentine ants
- Carpenter ants
- Odorous house ants
- Pharaoh ants
- Pavement ants
- Little black ants
These ants may cause problems like destruction (especially carpenter ants), food contamination, and leave bites on the individuals in your home. Ant pest control helps to reduce and eliminate the negative consequences of ant invasion.
All The Ways Ants Get Into Boise Homes
Ants can easily enter Boise homes thanks to their small size and ability to fit through cracks or gaps. In most cases, ants will cross from your property to the interior areas of your home through open doors or windows, gaps and cracks in the foundation, windows, and doors, or via the openings around utility lines. In the case of carpenter ants, this pest can crawl through wet damaged wood around the exterior of your home and begin tunneling into the internal wooden areas of your property immediately.
It is vital to invest in ant control solutions and safeguard your home against ants to deter this pest from entering your home in the first place.
Five Natural Ant Prevention Tips For Boise Homes
Ant control in your house and ant control in your yard is essential in keeping this pest away from your home. The below prevention tips can work as ant control solutions to deter infestations:
- Seal up potential entry points around your house such as cracks in windows, doors, and the foundation. Fix up damaged wood and invest in window and door screens. Also, seal up gaps around utility lines that lead into your home.
- Address moisture issues and leaks on your property, as ants are drawn to pools of water that may be inside or around your home.
- Ensure that leftover food is stored properly and that you clean up all food and drink spills as soon as possible. Refrain from leaving dirty dishes and consider investing in airtight containers for your pantry areas.
- Seal up trash tightly and dispose of any waste promptly. Make sure that trash cans close tightly and refrain from leaving out waste, as ants love to scavenge food from these areas.
- Keep your yard clear of debris, especially organic debris and wood, and ensure that the grass stays trimmed low. Also, reduce access to outdoor pet food. This makes your yard less hospitable to all types of ants and can deter them from coming inside your home.
The Best Way To Get Rid Of Ants In Your Boise Home
The best way to get rid of ants is to invest in professional ant control in Boise. The experts at Owyhee Environmental are highly trained in providing ant control solutions and will easily identify your ant problem. The specialists at Owyhee Environmental will provide you with safe, targeted ant pest control that eliminates infestations of this pest and keeps your Boise home protected from further invasions.