The Key To Successful Pest Control For Your Meridian Home
February 28, 2023
Idaho is home to a wide range of pests. Most of the pests that are found in this part of the country can be destructive and dangerous to have around. If you think that you may have unwanted pests living in and around your southwest Idaho home, you will need the help of an experienced Meridian pest control company to ensure that they are completely eliminated from your home.
At Owyhee Environmental, we have a team of experienced professionals that know how to help you achieve total pest control in your home.
Pest Control Is Very Important For The Health Of Your Home
Pests are not only annoying, but they can also be extremely destructive. Here is a look at how some of the common pests and the damage they can cause to your home:
- Mice: This is one of the most common types of rodents that are found in Idaho homes. These small and sneaky creatures can chew holes through your walls, electrical wiring, furniture, and other objects in your home.
- Carpenter ants: These ants get their name from their ability to easily chew through wooden objects. They like to live in large colonies and will build their nests inside wooden beams, poles, and other structures. Over time, the large ant nest will cause the wooden structure to become brittle and unsafe.
- Termites: Subterranean termites are the most common type of termite that is found in southern Idaho. These termites like to live underground and will create long mud tubes to travel from their nest to your home. Once they make it to your home, they will devour any wooden surface that they can get to, and if left unchecked, could cause a substantial amount of structural damage to your home.
All of the pests listed above can cause damage to your home. If you can act fast enough, the damage should be minimal. However, if you let the infestation continue without intervention, you could be facing severe damage and costly repairs.
Do Pests In The Home Cause Health Threats?
In addition to causing significant damage to your home, several pests in the area can also cause you or your pets to become ill. Mice, ants, and fleas can all spread dangerous diseases to you and your loved ones. Some of the diseases and viruses that you can catch from having these pests invade your home include:
- E. coli infection
- Staph infections
- Lymphocytic Choriomeningitis
Other pests, like wasps and bees, can give you a painful sting if you get too close. Usually, the pain will only last for a few hours. But some people have been known to experience severe allergic reactions, including anaphylaxis, after being stung by these insects.
Effective Pest Control Techniques By Educated Professionals
All of the pests will come into your home in search of the same things: food, water, and shelter. By making these things inaccessible to them, you will be less likely to see them around your home. Some of the most effective pest control techniques that you can try at home include:
- Make sure that there is no food left out in the open. This means putting any dry food, including pet food, in a sealable container that is made of hard-to-chew materials like glass or metal.
- Keep a tight lid on your outdoor trash cans. Also, you should never store your outdoor trash cans close to your home.
- Keep your home tidy and clutter-free. Remove any old boxes, piles of clothes, and other clutter from the inside of your home. Also, remove any fallen tree limbs and other debris from your yard.
- Seal up any gaps or cracks around your home. Make sure to check around all your exterior doors and windows to see if there are any potential entry points around those areas.
The key to total home pest control is to prevent the pest from coming into your home in the first place. It is much easier to keep the pest out than it is to get rid of them once they have found a way inside. For that, you need the help that only a professional can provide. Home pest control services from a licensed provider are the perfect way to boost your defense against pests.
Getting Rid Of The Pests In Your Home For Good
If you want to get rid of the destructive and dangerous pest in your Meridian home, Owyhee Environment is here to help. We have years of experience dealing with the common pests that are found in this area. We understand how the climate and other factors can affect their habits and behaviors. We use that information to come up with a comprehensive elimination plan. Don't hesitate to call us today!