How To Keep The Boise Wasps At Bay This Summer
June 2, 2022
Keeping Boise wasps away during the summer is essential if you want to enjoy your yard without the risk of stumbling across this pest and being stung. Our article will help you learn how to get rid of wasps and understand who to reach out to if professional wasp removal turns out to be essential for your property.
How To Tell If You Are Dealing With A Wasp Infestation
For the most part, a wasp flying around your property is a one-off occurrence and not something to worry over. However, if you are seeing an increase in wasps around your yard, you may be right to suspect that an infestation is underway. Below, we list signs that can indicate you have a wasp problem that needs treatment:
- You see an increase in wasps around your property or around the sides of your homes. Plenty of wasps buzzing and swarming around certain areas can mean a nest is hidden on your property somewhere.
- You may see damage around your home, such as chewed wood or small holes in wooden surfaces. Certain species of wasps can cause this by building their nests in these areas.
- A major sign of wasp infestation is seeing a nest on your property. The nests could be built of mud, have a honeycomb shape, or appear like a papery mound and hidden in holes in your yard, trees, or under the eaves of your home.
You should remember that if you see a wasp nest on your property, you need to reach out to pest control in Boise for help removing it safely and effectively. Attempting removal yourself can result in stings.
Are The Wasps In Boise Dangerous?
There are several types of wasps that you may encounter in the Boise area, including yellow jackets, paper wasps, and bald-faced hornets (for help with wasp identification, contact Owyhee Environmental). All of these wasps tend to be aggressive and can be dangerous, especially if you stumble across a nest. Wasps will sting at any hint of being threatened, and summer weather tends to make them agitated, with nests more crowded.
Receiving stings from wasps may trigger allergic reactions even in those without allergy issues if many stings are received, which is why wasp control is essential for your property.
Some Helpful Wasp Prevention Tips
Wasp prevention tactics are incredibly helpful in keeping this pest away from your property and deterring infestations:
- Refrain from leaving out food and drink (especially sugary items) in your yard or on porches and decks, as these will attract wasps.
- Utilize plants that repel wasps such as citronella, lemongrass, and rosemary around your yard to ward off potential invaders.
- Keep your yard clear of debris and fill holes to reduce wasp hiding spots.
- Ensure trash cans have lids and cover-up compost piles to stop the odor from attracting wasps.
- Keep doors and windows closed to stop this pest from getting inside your home when possible.
These prevention tactics can be helpful, but there is a sure-fire way to control wasps- call Owyhee Environmental.
The Best Form Of Wasp Control
The best way to get rid of wasps in Boise is to reach out to our specialists at Owyhee Environmental. Our professionals will be able to safely and effectively treat any wasp infestation on your property, saving you the stress and risk of dealing with a wasp problem independently. To safely enjoy your summer outdoors, contact Owyhee Environmental for wasp protection and control services today.