Ant Control Is A Year-Round Task In Boise
December 5, 2022
If you're like most people, you probably think of ants as just a summer nuisance. But the fact is, ants can be a year-round problem in Boise, and they can cause all sorts of problems for homeowners. Owyhee Environmental will go over the life cycle of common ants, the problems they can create, and some no-nonsense tips on ant control for homeowners. We'll also discuss why professional pest control in Boise is the most effective ant control solution for your home.
The Life Cycle Of Common Ants
Ants go through four stages in their life cycle: egg, larva, pupa, and adult. The time it takes for an ant to complete its life cycle can vary depending on the species, but most ants will reach adulthood within a few months.
Once an ant colony has been established, it can quickly grow to an enormous size. Some species of ants can have colonies that contain millions of individuals. This means that if you have even a small ant problem in Boise, it can quickly become a big one.
The Many Problems Ants Can Create In Your Home
Ants in Boise are more than just a nuisance; they can actually cause serious problems in your home. Here are some of the ways ants can be problematic:
- They can contaminate food. Ants are constantly crawling around in dirty places, picking up all sorts of bacteria and viruses. When they get into your food, they can contaminate it with these harmful pathogens.
- They can damage your property. Some species of ants, like carpenter ants, can cause serious damage to your home by chewing through wood and other materials.
- They can sting. Some ants, like fire ants, can deliver a painful sting. In some cases, these stings can even be dangerous to humans, especially if you're allergic to the ant's venom.
As you can see, ants can be more than just a nuisance. They can actually cause serious problems in your home. That's why it's important to take steps to prevent them from setting up shop in the first place.
Five No-Nonsense Ant Prevention Tips For Around The House
Now that you know how much of a problem ants can be, you're probably wondering what you can do to prevent them from invading your home. Here are five no-nonsense tips on home pest control for ants in Boise:
- Keep your food storage areas clean. Ants are attracted to food, so it's important to keep pantries and food cupboards clean and free of crumbs.
- Store food in airtight containers. This will help prevent ants from getting into your food.
- Keep your trash cans clean and sealed. Ants are also attracted to trash, so be sure to keep your trash in cans that are clean and have tight-fitting lids.
- Wipe up spills and crumbs right away. Don't give ants a chance to find food in your house; clean up all food remnants right away.
- Seal cracks and holes in your home. This will help prevent ants from getting inside.
By following these simple tips, you can help prevent ants from invading your home. However, if you already have an infestation, your best bet is to contact an ant pest control expert like Owyhee Environmental.
The Most Effective Ant Control Method For Boise Homes
There are many do-it-yourself methods of ant control in your house, but the most effective way to get rid of ants in Boise is to call in a professional. At Owyhee Environmental, we are a small, elite team of pest control pros, and we focus on delivering fast, effective results with a personal touch. Our residential pest control services will keep your home free of ants and other common pests all year long. Contact us today to schedule a free inspection or to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Boise.